- Print this tutorial.
- Your instructor assigned you a number from 1-8. Download the correspondingly-numbered application below (with an "FS" prefixed to the number) by right-clicking it and saving it to your desktop ("save target as"). Double-click the application on your desktop to run it.
- Double-click the application on your desktop to run it, follow the tutorial, and give the completed tutorial to your instructor.
Application programs: download one
Error message: (any of the following)
- "The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy"
- "The application has generated an exception that could not be handled"
- "Microsoft .NET Security: The application is running in a partially-trusted context"
Cause: You left-clicked the FS.exe link above, rather than right-clicked it to save to your desktop. You are now trying to run it over the web rather than on your local machine.
Fix: Follow the directions on the top of the page
Error message: "Application Failed to Initialize"
Cause 1: You are not running on a Windows XP machine using Service Pack 2.
Fix: Left-click the start button, right-click "My Computer", and choose "properties" to see if you are running Windows XP, Service Pack 2. This program will only run on Windows XP, Service Pack 2.
Cause 2: You have a corrupted or missing .NET framework
Fix: Right-click this link to download .dotnetfix and run it to reinstall your .NET 1.1 libraries.