Combat Survival Training
United States Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO
- Cadets train at the USAF Academy and learn proper techniques and skills to survive in a hostile, wilderness environment
- Cadets also learn certain Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) skills necessary for personnel whose future military role may involve aviation or Air Force special operations capabilities
- Open to all MSII cadets with a security clearance of SECRET.
- The course objective is to facilitate the return to friendly forces without rendering aid or comfort to an enemy, with or without organized rescue and recovery assistance.
- Course graduates are awarded a Certificate of Training that is a requirement for many aircrew members throughout all services.