Omicron Delta Epsilon
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) is the international honor society in economics. Formed in 1963 from the merging of two other honor societies, Omicron Delta Gamma and Omicron Chi Epsilon, ODE has 535 chapters with more than 10,000 active members in all 50 states, the District of Columbia,Puerto Rico, Australia, Canada, Egypt, France, Mexico, Scotland, and South Africa.
The constitution of ODE lists four objectives:
- To confer distinction for high scholastic achievement in economics
- To stimulate and promote student interest in all aspects of economics
- To publish an official journal entitled The American Economist
- To sponsor the Fisher-Taussig Award competitions
Membership in ODE requires:
- Junior standing or higher
- 12 credit hours in economics (not restricted to Econ majors)
- cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 and a cumulative average in economics of at least 3.0
- invitation from the Department of Economics and Business
For more information, contact the ODE FacultyAdvisor, Col. Atin Basu.